Wesa Chau is an experienced manager, board director, speaker, trainer and specialist consultant on cultural diversity.
Wesa is the Director of Cultural Intelligence, a specialist consulting firm that help organisations better understand cultural diversity and its impacts on design, decision making, customer service, messaging and policy setting. In her capacity as Director of Cultural Intelligence, Wesa has worked with clients ranging from government departments, educational institutions, corporations and not for profit organisations.
As a board director, Wesa’s diverse experiences include serving on the boards of Carers Victoria, Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria and InTouch – Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence. She is currently a board member of Glenuc (Holmesglen Foundation), the Victorian Ministerial Council on Women’s Equality and the Multicultural Business Ministerial Council.
For her community leadership and volunteerism, Wesa was named as the 2010 Young Victorian of the Year. Wesa’s commitment to gender equality, cultural diversity and social cohesion has been recognised through the Australian Leadership Award and an inductee of the Victorian Honour Roll of Women.
Wesa is currently undertaking her PhD at Swinburne University understanding what political skills are and how people develop them. She holds a Masters in Business Management, Graduate Diploma in Law and Bachelors of Engineering and Commerce with majors in software engineering and marketing. Wesa is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and it’s a qualified teacher.
Wesa has received a number of awards in recognition of her professional and voluntary work.
- Australian International Education Award (Internationalisation) 2016
- Tertiary Scholarship Fund – Social Services Award 2016
- Serendib Award – Multicultural Personality 2016
- Finalist Agenda Setter of the year – Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards 2016
- Australian Leadership Award 2013
- Inductee to Victorian Honour Roll of Women 2012
- Rising Star Award for Young Alumni (University of Melbourne) 2012
- Young Victorian of the Year 2010
- Finalist Premier’s Community Volunteering Leadership Award (Metropolitan) 2010
- Award for Excellence in Multicultural Affairs 2006
- Melbourne Award (Youth) 2005